The KS28 is a reference subwoofer designed to extend the frequency response of large format systems. The KS28 features two high excursion, 18’’ direct radiating transducers mounted in a bass-reflex tuned enclosure. The optimized L-Vents laminar vented port reduce turbulence and port noise at high levels while also increasing LF efficiency. The KS28 operates from 25 Hz. The excursion capability of the transducer, combined with L-Vents contributes to deliver a high SPL, with low distortion. The KS28 can offer standard or cardioid directivity, by combining physical deployment and the suitable preset. The KS28 is the first L-Acoustics enclosure to fully utilize the LA12X amplified controller power. The LA12X ensures advanced crossover functions, linearization and L-Drive protection of the transducers. Its onboard library offers standard and cardioid presets, each available with two low-pass filters to accommodate various coupling conditions and LF contour requirements.
- Description: flyable subwoofer 2 × 18", amplified by LA12X
- Low frequency limit: (-10 dB) 25 Hz ([KS28_100])
- Maximum SPL1: 143 dB ([KS28_100])
- Directivity: standard or cardioid
- Transducers: 2 x 18" neodymium, aluminium die cast basket
- Acoustical load: bass-reflex, L-Vents
- Nominal impedance: 4 Ω
- Connectors: 4-point speakON
- Rigging and handling: flush-fitting 2-point rigging system
- 6 ergonomic handles
- 2 ground runners
- 8 side runners
- Weight: (net) 79 kg / 174 lb
- Cabinet: first grade Baltic beech and birch plywood
- Front steel grill with anti-corrosion coating
- Acoustically neutral 3D fabric
- Rigging components: high grade steel
- Finish: dark grey brown Pantone 426C
The rental price* of the L-Acoustics KS28 is € 80,- per day.
For availability and up to date rental prices please download our price list HERE or contact our specialists at +31 026 325 5392.