Soundcraft Vi Series
The Soundcraft Vi platform is wordwide accepted and appreciated. Maybee this Series has been the most important mixing tables in the step from analog to digital. Now, after the second generation Vi-consoles, the possibilities and the ease of use is even better. The 3 points that are essential for every engineer are retained: soundquality, ease of use and reliability.
Vi1000 is the most compact Vi from Soundcraft, but has the same possibilities as the larger models: 96 channels, standard Dante, Vistonics functionality, Faderglow and the familiar 40-bit floating point audio processing. Because of the compact size ideal for theatre shows, but also usable at larger live shows.
Rental price: € 275,- p.d.
- 96 input channels with 24 mono/stereo mix busses, plus LRC master busses
- Vistonics II proprietary ‘knobs-on-glass’ functionality; key to the console’s streamlined, intuitiveoperational interface and widely praised as the easiest-to-use digital console on the market
- SpiderCore™ integrated DSP engine ensures superior audio performance
- Soundcraft Faderglow color coding illuminates the fader slots according to function
Integrated Dante™ interface facilitates instant connection to industry standard Dante audio networks
- Two double-slot expansion slots for Stagebox connection or option card installation
- Built-in Lexicon world-class reverb, delay, and pitch effects from the industry’s leading brand
- Onboard BSS DPR901ii dynamic EQ digitally modelled after the original, industry-standard BSSanalog unit
- Integrated microphone monitoring for AKG, Shure®, and Sennheiser wireless systems
- Included vMIX automatic microphone mixing for two groups of up to 16 mics in conference ortheatrical applications
- Proven electronic and mechanical design delivers the performance and reliability Vi Seriesconsoles are known for
The Vi2000 has 8 extra faders compared to the Vi1000 and an extra screen. This ensures more ease of use when the application requires it. The technical details are similar to the Vi1000 and Vi3000: 96 channels, standard Dante, Vistonics functionality, Faderglow and 40-bit floating point audio processing.
Rental price: € 350,- p.d.
- Input faders: 16
- Output faders: 8 +3 (LRC masters) +1 (Monitor A/B)
- Total Faders: 28
- 3D Vistonics screens: 3 (2 input, 1 master)
- Fader bay operation: 4x Fixed Input layers A/B/C/D giving 64 inputs on 16 fdrs.
Input channels can be assigned to Master bay for 24 input fdrs.
5x User layers 1-5
1x Busses 1-16 Layer plus screen assign 17-24, for 24 mono/stereo busses
VCA/A/B/C/D/E output/input fader pages, (A-E user definable)
Local I/O Physical connectors
- Mic/Line Inputs: 48, 32 or 16 configurable (max 3x 16ch out cards of 4 total) (Last 5 outs default to local monitors but can be repatched)
- AES/EBU In: 2 (=4ch) plus optional 16ch via Vista1 card (remove 2 mic or line out cards to fit).
- AES/EBU Out: 2 (=4ch) plus optional 16ch via Vista1 card (remove 2 mic or line out cards to fit).
- TB Mic in: 1 front panel, with rear-switched 48V.
- Phones out: 1 ste jack, under armrest
- Optical MADI In/Out: 1 (outputs paralleled with Dante interface).
- Dante ports: 1x 64ch in/out (2x Ethercon Pri/Sec).
Dante inputs are A/B switched with optical MADI.
- D21m Option Slots: 2 double/4single (total 128ch)
- AES/EBU Input Sample Rate: 32–108kHz (with SRC enabled)
- Total number of simultaneous IO channels: 246 inputs / 214 outputs
(assumes 48 mic in/16 line out config)
DSP Mixing Core
- Processing: 40-bit Floating point, 48kHz sample rate
- Input Channels to mix: 96 mono Pairable to 48 stereo
- Busses - Aux/Grp: 24 mono/stereo
- Busses - Matrix: From 24 bus pool – max 16 mono/stereo.
- Busses - Master: 3 (LRC)
- Assignable Insert Points: 64 + 4FX
- Tie Lines: 128 (allow Stagebox IO to connect to Local IO without using mixing channels.
- Lexicon FX: 4 units (14 reverbs, 7 delays, 8 pitch-shift effects in each unit)
Tap Delay from F-key 1-4.
- BSS Dynamic EQ: 8 instances of DPR901ii 4-band DEQ
- vMIX Automixing: Up to 2 groups of 16 input channels
- BSS GEQ: 24 mono/stereo +LRC.
External Control Ports
Ethernet: 1 (dedicated HiQnet / Realtime Rack control)
- MIDI: 1 In, 1 Out
- Mains Input: 2, switched (redundant power supplies built in)
- USB2.0: 4 (2 front, 2 rear)
- Wordclock: In /Out 2x BNC
- DVI out: Reserved for future use
- Gooseneck lamp 4-pin XLR:2, for rear panel illumination
- Optional, via MADI optical or Cat 5 option cards fitted to D21m expansion slots. Can connect up to 2 x 64ch Vi Stageboxes. Also compatible with Compact Stagebox and Mini Stagebox
Perhaps the most chosen option within the Vi range; the Vi3000. With 36 faders, more overview through the 4 screens and more local inputs. Furthermore, features such as the automatic STUDER vMix, microphone status monitoring and BSS DPR901ii dynamic EQ are included as standard, just like on the Vi1000 and Vi2000. That is why it is chosen by many venues as the 'home table'.
Rental price: €450,- p.d.
- Frequency Response - Stagebox Mic input to Line output: +0/-1dB, 20Hz-20kHz
- AES/EBU In to AES/EBU Out : +0/-0.2dB, 20Hz-20kHz
- THD: 22Hz-22kHz
- Stagebox Mic In (min gain) to Local Line Out: <0.003% @ 1kHz
- Stagebox Mic In (max gain) to Local Line Out: <0.020% @ 1kHz
- Local Line In to Line Out: <0.003% @ 1kHz
- Mic Input E.I.N: <-126dBu (150Ω source)
- Residual Noise: -91dBu Stagebox line output; no inputs routed, Mix fader @0dB
- CMRR: 80dB @ 1kHz
- Sampling Frequency: 48kHz
- Latency Stagebox Mic Input to Local Line output: < 2ms @48kHz
- AES/EBU Input Sample Rate: 32-108kHz (with SRC enabled)
- DSP Resolution: 40-bit floating point
- Internal Clock Accuracy: < +/- 50ppm
- Internal Clock Jitter: < +/- 2ns
- External Sync: BNC Wordclock
- Input & Output Levels - Mic Inputs: +28dBu max
- Input & Output Levels - Line Inputs: +22dBu max
- Input & Output Levels - Line Outputs: +22dBu max
- Input & Output Levels - Nominal Operating Level: +4dBu (-18dBFS)
- Input & Output Impedances - Mic Inputs: 2k7Ω
- Input & Output Impedances - All other analogue Inputs: >10kΩ
- Input & Output Impedances - Line Outputs: <75Ω
- Input & Output Impedances - AES/EBU Outputs: 110Ω
- Oscillator: 20Hz to 20kHz/Pink/White Noise, variable level
- Oscillator - Stagebox HP Filter: 80Hz fixed, 12dB per octave
- Oscillator - Channel HP Filter: 20Hz-600Hz, 18dB per octave
- Oscillator - Channel LP Filter: 1kHz-20kHz, 18dB per octave
- EQ (Inputs and Bus Outputs) - HF: 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q=0.3-8.7 or shelving
- EQ (Inputs and Bus Outputs) - Hi-Mid: 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q=0.3-8.7
- EQ (Inputs and Bus Outputs) - Lo-Mid: 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q=0.3-8.7
- EQ (Inputs and Bus Outputs) - LF: 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q=0.3-8.7 or shelving
- Metering: Internal 20-segment LED bargraphs plus 9-segment gain reduction meters for all inputs and Outputs. Peak hold variable from 0-2s.
- Mains Voltage Operating Range: 90-264V, 47-63Hz, auto-ranging
- Mains Power Consumption: 300W
- Temperature/Humidity Range - Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)
- Temperature/Humidity Range - Relative Humidity: 0% - 90%, non-condensing Ta=40°C (104°F)
- Temperature/Humidity Range - Storage Temperature Range: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
- Height (Console Only): 351mm (13.8")
- Width (Console Only): 1446mm (56.9")
- Depth (Console Only): 803mm (31.6")
- Weight (Console Only): 54kg (119lb)
- Height (with standard shipping carton): 595mm (23.5")
- Width (with standard shipping carton): 1580mm (62.2")
- Depth (with standard shipping carton): 950mm (37.4")
- Weight (with standard shipping carton): 96kg (212lb)
- Height (with factory flightcase): 1117mm (44.0")
- Width (with factory flightcase): 1530mm(60.3")
- Depth (with factory flightcase): 530mm (20.1")
- Weight (with factory flightcase): 141kg (311lb)